Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Mags! - Period Homes & Interiors

April already! Time goes by way too fast. So I picked up this magazine simply because the cover really caught my attention. Everyone has a preferred colour, but when I see purple, automatically my eyes see nothing else. So yes, the purple font on the cover engaged me. Plus the title of this month’s magazine is called ‘Perfection with pastels’ and last month I did a post on pastel colours and how it is related to spring, so I really wanted to hear what others had to say about it.




Read More...

One of the first articles that I was interested in was called 'In the News'. This is a round- up of the latest design news and vintage- inspired home wares that the editors have come across. They spoke about statement walls- Now I adore statement walls simply because they make such a difference to any room, from a beautiful dining room to just a small guest bathroom. I will be doing a post on statement walls soon.



Speaking of walls, I was watching ‘The Real housewives of New York City’ and there was a showroom charity event where a huge house was rented, and designers from all over New York were given the opportunity to design a room each. It was not mentioned how money was raised, but maybe through ticket sales  or a percentage of what was sold. I thought that was such a good idea, and would love to either take part or host something like this. In  the home they came across removable wall paper, which can be repositioned, re- used and of course removed without losing adhering qualities. I thought this was a fantastic idea for university dorms.
‘In the News’ also spoke about gorgeous glass, and how soft pastel shades of glass placed around your home  would really add that ‘spring touch’. By glass this could mean a vase or a bowl, just for decorating purposes.



 


Period Homes and Interiors mentioned that feathers are extremely popular this spring. Here are a few things that were found, what do you think?


Star by Julien Macdonald Stylish black feather Lamp- Debenhams

White Feathers Wall Clock by Karlsson

Nickel- Plated set of salad servers with gold coloured feather handles- Oliver Bonas



The magazine included a Huge segment called Pretty Pastels. The writer expressed their view on pastel colours and how it has depth and substance and how it can be contrasted with dramatic and striking shades like black which gives off a 1950’s vibe.
The pinks and lilac shades of pastel colours give off a feminine feel




 Pastel Design Included in the magazine



Other Pastel Rooms




I really loved this magazine. It is informative, clear with fantastic designs!

Lots of Love
Alexis Romeo xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment